Seamfix is a team of smart and passionate individuals committed to building solutions that play a key role in meeting the growing global demands for identity management. We help businesses across continents achieve their business goals using technology, impacting the lives of millions in the process.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience 4 - 6 years
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Petty Cash Management
Petty Cash Management
- Maintain Petty Cash records in line with the laid down policies and procedures.
- Ensure all payments from the Petty Cash have been authorized by a responsible party.
- Carry out cash-count at the close of business daily and compare with the ledger balance to ascertain completeness.
- Ensure petty cash vouchers are posted and filed daily with relevant supporting documents
- Manage and control petty office expenditure within approved budget.
Financial Records Management
- Responsible for recording and maintaining up-to-date records of the company’s daily financial transactions.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate supporting documents (payment vouchers, invoices, receipt) are prepared for filing for every financial transaction.
- Regular review & reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts; investigation and correction of errors identified.
- Review and analyze monthly results to ensure accuracy of financial statements, making accruals and adjustments as needed.
- Preparing final accounts by ensuring all account schedules prepared agree with the General Ledger balances on monthly basis.
Billings and Credit Control
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices promptly for sales or services rendered.
- Ensure proper coding is maintained on documents, sales invoices and receipts.
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone or email.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, cheques, and card transactions and entering them in the accounting software
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies with customer’s payments.
- Periodically analyze and report on accounts receivables activities.
- Ensure the company is promptly settled by the banks and payment switches for all services rendered monthly.
- Logs differences observed with the defaulting party (bank or payment switch) and follow up for a prompt resolve.
- Promptly reports inconsistencies observed in the company’s portal with the relevant department to make necessary corrections.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an up-to-date income reconciliation process flow documentation for all company products.
- Promptly send Remittance Advice for payments processed to requesting vendors.
- Responsible for the monitoring and reconciling of vendors accounts and ensuring credit balances with vendors are promptly utilized.
- Ensure timely and accurate vendor payments at all times.
- Ensure prompt posting of all payments in the accounting system.
- Responsible for ensuring only properly authorized requisitions are paid.
- Responsible for providing cash advance to staff as well as prompt retirement.
- Custodian of bank hardware tokens, company debit cards and other items of sensitive nature.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by your line manager.
- B.Sc. Accounting with a minimum of second class upper division.
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years cognate experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of International Financial Accounting Standards (IFRS) and its application.
- Knowledge of applicable Accounts Receivable/General Ledger Systems and Procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good analytical skill.
- A good team player. Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below Apply here