Want to apply for NPower 2019 recruitment exercise? If your answer is yes, then this guide will help you know everything you need to know.
According to the Federal Government of Nigeria, there’s a plan to further expand the NPower programme, which is aimed at improving lives of several unemployed Nigerian Youths.
The reason for this guide is to take you through the application process via the official portal — portal.npower.gov.ng.
What are the requirements for registering with NPower?
- First of all, the program is targeted at Nigerian youths between the ages of 18 and 35; therefore anyone that is below or has passed that age is not eligible to register.
- Secondly, every candidate must express genuine interest in whichever NPower scheme he/she chooses, pass all the aptitude tests associated with that scheme, and be able to give his/her very best if selected.
- Also, anyone interested in the NPower Scheme must have the must have completed his or her education at an NUC accredited university, polytechnic, college of education or open university. In addition to that, applicants must meet up with the minimum academic qualification requirement. Which include: Ordinary National Diploma (OND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Nigerian Certificate of Education (NCE), or Bachelor’s degree.
- Finally, NPower is aimed at alleviating the rate of unemployment in the Nigerian society by engaging young graduates in productive activities. Furthermore, its primary goal is more or else targeted at skill acquisition. Therefore, all applicants must be able to push themselves through barriers to make the experience a productive one for both themselves and the community they are deployed to serve.
In addition to all the requirements stated above, you must be able to provide the following information and documents during registration:
- Active phone number
- Email address
- Proof of Nigerian nationality
- Place of birth
- Date of birth
- Carefully compiled Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Bank verification number (BVN)
- Degree certificates.
Is NPower registration form free?
In recent times, I’ve had to answer questions regarding whether NPower registration is free. First and foremost, I want to clarify that the program is not targeted at making money from people, it is instead targeted at alleviating poverty. Therefore, registration is totally FREE. If you visit any café or shop that tells you that you have to pay for the form, then it’s scam.
However, visiting a café comes with charges. In other words, any money you spent in café to complete your registration is most likely the cost your internet activities incurred.
NPower Registration: Guide On How To Apply (Step-by-step)
- Firstly, visit the official NPower registration portal homepage using: portal.npower.gov.ng. Alternatively, visit the application portal using: apply.npower.gov.ng.
- The next thing you have to do is select the category you wish to apply for. The options are: N-power Knowledge, N-power Volunteer corps and N-power build. Afterwards, you’ll be provided with other options to choose from.
- After choosing the option you wish to apply for, the “Apply Now” link would be made available. Just go ahead and click on it.
- Fill in the blank forms you’re provided with; but before then, you’d be provided with several instructions. Make sure you read those instructions before filling the forms. In addition, you’ll need to provide a few documents — which include passport, CV, degree qualification certificate, and others.
- Finally, after successfully filling the forms you’re provided with, click on the submit button. Thereafter, you’ll be provided with your “NPower registration Number”. It is with that number you’ll be able to login for aptitude test, follow up on your recruitment status.
- Within the next few days, expect to receive an email from NPower containing several information concerning your registration.
What next after applying online?
Usually, NPower announces the date for aptitude tests, depending on the category you chose during registration. Once an aptitude test date is set, make sure you participate and pass the test. Through that you’ll stand a good chance of getting selected.
If you get selected, the thing you need to do afterwards is show up at the physical verification center — at the designated date.
The physical verification exercise takes place for the purpose of fishing out false documents — including birth certificates, School Leaving Certificates, state of origin, etc. Therefore, you must be able to provide good evidence to back up whatever information you filled in during registration.